Monday, July 27, 2015

Lake Living Part 1 - This Is My Happy Place

Well, it's been almost 3 years since we bought our little vacation place out on a lake about 2 hours from where we live. I say vacation 'place' because technically I can't call it a lake 'house', because it's actually a trailer. I know, I know! But I swear to you I love that little trailer out in the woods more than you can imagine! Calling it a fixer upper is putting it kindly. It needs plumbing work, electrical work, a new air conditioner, the list goes on and on. We have made some improvements: new carpet in the bedrooms, switched the stove from gas to electric, painted etc. We also bought a golf cart off Craig's List to drive around on, and 2 used Jet Ski's from a friend of a friend. While this place may be short on style (for the next few years anyway), we have had so much fun there! From feeding deer right out of our hands in the front yard, to seeing wild turkeys run by, to campfires in the winter, to creating our own fire works show on the 4th of July, to Jet Skiing and swimming sun up to sun down, it is a blast! And while it's definitely not ready for a final reveal, I thought I'd share with you guys some of the items I've purchased so far to get the 'this is a beach house not a trailer on a lake' vibe that I'm going for!

First up, some items from Paper Source - they are amazing!


Yep, that sums it up. Get it here. OMG I learned how to post a link lol
And here's some more:




Well crap, my joy from learning how to post a link has been defeated by my ignorance on how to get these pictures to face the right way :(
Oh - and these milk bottles. I don't know what they have to do with the beach but I wanted them so whatever. Get em here.


 
 Here's some of the Pottery Barn bedding I chose for the master bedroom:
 

Again - upside down - whyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyy! Can someone smart please help me out? Anyways, back to the bedding. Looks like the Atlantic Duvet and Shams are sold out. But you can cop the Isabelle shams right here.

Finally, here are the views from the front and the back!




More next time! And seriously - help me out with the pictures!!!! Pretty please?!?!
 






 

No comments:

Post a Comment