Thursday, October 15, 2015

Stitch Fix #13 Review

Time for another Stitch Fix Review. Even by my standards these pictures are horrible. We have 2 sick kiddo's this week, so this was a 5am before work 10 minute try on session since I have to pay for my fix today.
In this fix I received a pair of jeans, 2 shirts, a poncho, and a blazer. The first item I tried on was the Kut from the Kloth Dayna Skinny Jeans in Olive. They are a size 2. I tried them on with the Papermoon Marisol Mixed Material 3/4 Sleeve Knit Top in Navy (size XS). Normally, I wouldn't wear these together, but I was in a rush!





 
The jeans are very comfortable. I typically spend about $200 on my jeans, so Stitch Fix jeans are always a little tricky for me, since they are a lot less expensive, but I like these jeans, and I can see myself wearing them quite a bit. This shirt is soooooo comfortable. The only thing I don't like is that I have a few short sleeved shirts like this that I got at Anthropologie a few summers ago, so it almost makes me feel like it's a little outdated? That being said, I think it will be an easy go to piece in the fall with jeans, and even in the spring with white jeans or denim shorts.
Next I tried on the Staccato Cece Pocket Knit Tee in Olive (size XS) with the same jeans from above. My stylist sent me this because of the olive on olive look I pinned here. 

Again, not a real 'wow' piece, but something I can see myself wearing quite a bit. The material is very soft and comfortable as well, and I liked it with the olive jeans.
Next up was the biggest surprise piece for me, the Alice Blue Asilah Drape Blazer. When I took this out of the box, I didn't like the material, and I thought I was going to hate this. I did however like the pop of color, which is something I feel like my fixes could use more of. Well, I tried it on, and I LOVE IT. Seriously, it's great. Great fit. Would look great for work or with jeans. I have a black blazer from Nordstrom that I wear a bunch. I don't think I ever would have bought a red one on my own, but I'm glad I have one now!


Last up was the Sweet Romeo Pauli Poncho Cardigan. I have pinned some other poncho and cape options on my Stitch Fix Pinterest Board here and here. This piece was a bit of a let down. I have a bunch of cardigan's already, and this doesn't seem super poncho-y to me. However, with the Buy 5 discount, I'm better off keeping the piece.


All in all, this was a solid fix. I will probably only take one more this year, as this is our first holiday season with 2 kids to buy for, so my shopping has to get put on hold a bit. Sacrifices, right?!


 


No comments:

Post a Comment